After reading 24 unique and inspiring stories (including my own) in a recent Business Insider article, I was more intrigued than ever as to why ultra-successful professionals leave their corporate jobs and how they redefine success beyond the 9-5.
Summarizing the article, here are 24 really good reasons why you may consider leaving the 9-5 to start your own business:
- You have a strong determination to help solve a close-to-home problem.
- You want something beyond working in corporate for your entire career.
- You feel constrained into a job description and restricted from exploring curiosity and taking risks.
- You know in your gut that if there is a desire to do something different in life, big changes need to be made.
- You’re unable to find a work environment that matches your values.
- You want to be more in charge of your destiny.
- You have a culture-shifting mission that keeps you up at night.
- Having children has increased your need for more flexibility.
- You want the freedom to travel and take vacations when you want.
- You want to address the work you love more explicitly.
- You want to make a greater impact.
- You realize that the initial enthusiasm of your dream job has gradually given way to a soul-eating routine.
- You want to show your children that there are different ways to learn and move forward in life.
- You realize you have a disruptive idea and a way to do things better.
- You have a deep passion for redefining a specific product sector.
- You see a need that isn’t being filled.
- You want to build a career that allows you more flexibility and financial stability on your own terms.
- You notice a gap that needs to be bridged.
- You want to empower others.
- Life threw you a curveball that requires more control of your schedule.
- You feel drained, disconnected and unfulfilled by your work.
- You aren’t tapping into your fullest potential.
- You want to turn your passion into a business.
- You want freedom.
Want more resources to help your consultancy thrive?
There are two great ways we can work together:
Are you a consultant looking to expand your network and advance your business? Then The Upside Membership is for you.
Are you an early-stage consultant (or on the fence about leaving your 9-5) and want a bootcamp-style program to build a thriving consultancy? Then The Upside Accelerator is for you.